There are some 5 interesting features in Joomla. These 5 are features that are not found in most of the other Content Management Systems (CMSs). Therefore, it is on account of these 5 features that you may find yourself opting to use Joomla, and not one of the other CMSs. With the other CMSs, you’d have to use plug-ins, and perhaps undertake quite a bit of (tedious and painstaking) coding and tinkering, in order to be able to do these 5 things. But Joomla is able to do these 5 things by default. Without further ado, the said 5 interesting features in Joomla include:
- Page caching: this means that visitors to your website (which you will have created using Joomla) will be able to access the cached pages faster, in subsequent visits. During the initial visit, the pages are cached. In subsequent visits, the cached pages are used to speed up the loading process. This means that using Joomla as a CMS, you can even set up a portal like paycomonline. And this should be good news to developers, who operate under the impression that when one is creating a portal like paycomonline, they have to code everything from scratch.
- Blog functionality: this makes it possible for you to set up a proper blog, attached to your main website. Therefore, your main website ends up having a ‘blog’ section.
- Search functionality: this avails a search box to the people who visit your website (which you’ll have created using Joomla). This is a big deal. With certain other CMSs, you find yourself having to undertake a lot of coding, before you can make the websites to be searchable.
- Printable page options: this is a very useful feature if, on your website, you will be presenting information that visitors may want to print for reference purposes.
- News flash functionality: this, as the name suggests, can be a very useful feature for websites where visitors expect frequent updates. If you are using Joomla as the CMS, you can opt to present such updates to the website visitors in the form of news flashes. With certain other CMSs, setting up news flashes would require installation of intricate plug-ins. Alternatively it would require lots of coding, before getting it right. With Joomla, you can set up news flashes in less than 10 clicks.