One of the ways in which you, as a Joomla developer, can make money is by selling Joomla website templates online. The templates in question here serve as the ‘themes’ on which Joomla websites are based. If you develop good Joomla website templates, and you market them aggressively, you will get people who are willing to pay for them. It is a reasonably straightforward business idea.
In practical terms, for you to make money selling Joomla website templates online, you will need to:
- Research on the Joomla websites templates that are already available in the market
- Figure out how you can come up with better Joomla websites/how the templates that are already in the market can be improved
- Come up with the improved/better Joomla website templates
- Set up the website where you will be selling the Joomla website templates
- Market the Joomla website templates aggressively, in order to get buyers
The most important thing there is to come up with Joomla website templates that have features worth paying for. Remember, we already have many Joomla templates that are available for free online. So, if people are to overlook the free Joomla website templates, in favors of yours that are available at a cost, you better be sure that there are features to justify such a decision. Remember, the people who will be buying the templates will be doing so using their hard-earned cash. Some will/may actually be borrowing money, to buy your Joomla website templates. Take, for instance, someone who is buying the templates using his Capital One credit card. This would probably be someone who responded to the Capital One mail offer in order to acquire the credit card. He would then only have gotten the card after supplying the right Capital one mail offer code. And the credit card funds he would be using to pay for your templates would be funds that he later on has to repay, with interest. Given those facts, it is only fair to ensure that the templates you sell to such individuals are truly worth paying for.